Our Legal Information
Effective: April 20, 2018
When we refer to "Cloud Maker", we mean the Cloud Maker entity that acts as the controller or processor of your information, as explained in more detail in the "Identifying the Data Controller and Processor" section below.
Information We Collect And Receive
Cloud Maker may collect and receive Customer Data and other information and data ("Other Information") in a variety of ways:
- Customer Data. Customers or individuals granted access to an Organisation Workspace by a Customer ("Authorised Users") routinely submit Customer Data to Cloud Maker when using the Services.
- Other Information. Cloud Maker also collects, generates and/or receives Other Information:
(a) Organisation Workspace and Account Information. To create or update an Organisation Workspace account, you or your Customer (e.g., your employer) supply Cloud Maker§ with an email address, phone number, password, domain and/or similar account details. In addition, Customers that purchase a paid version of the Services provide Cloud Maker (or its payment processors) with billing details such as credit card information, banking information and/or a billing address.
(b) Usage Information.
§ Services Metadata. When an Authorised User interacts with the Services, metadata is generated that provides additional context about the way Authorised Users work. For example, Cloud Maker logs the Organisation Workspaces, channels, people, features, content and links you interact with, the types of files shared and what Third Party Services are used (if any).
§ Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Websites or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website or Services, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
§ Device information. Cloud Maker collects information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this Other Information often depends on the type of device used and its settings.
§ Location information. We receive information from you, your Customer and other third-parties that helps us approximate your location. We may, for example, use a business address submitted by your employer, or an IP address received from your browser or device to determine approximate location. Cloud Maker may also collect location information from devices in accordance with the consent process provided by your device.
(d) Third Party Services. Customer can choose to permit or restrict Third Party Services for their Organisation Workspace. Typically, Third Party Services are software that integrate with our Services, and Customer can permit its Authorised Users to enable and disable these integrations for their Organisation Workspace. Once enabled, the provider of a Third Party Service may share certain information with Cloud Maker. For example, if a cloud code repository is enabled to permit blueprints to be imported to an Organisation Workspace, we may receive user name and email address of Authorised Users, along with additional information that the application has elected to make available to Cloud Maker to facilitate the integration. Authorised Users should check the privacy settings and notices in these Third Party Services to understand what data may be disclosed to Cloud Maker. When a Third Party Service is enabled, Cloud Maker is authorised to connect and access Other Information made available to Cloud Maker in accordance with our agreement with the Third Party Provider. We do not, however, receive or store passwords for any of these Third Party Services when connecting them to the Services.
(e) Contact Information. In accordance with the consent process provided by your device, any contact information that an Authorised User chooses to import (such as an address book from a device) is collected when using the Services.
(f) Third Party Data. Cloud Maker may receive data about organisations, industries, Website visitors, marketing campaigns and other matters related to our business from parent corporation(s), affiliates and subsidiaries, our partners or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This data may be combined with Other Information we collect and might include aggregate level data, such as which IP addresses correspond to postcodes or countries. Or it might be more specific: for example, how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
(g) Additional Information Provided to Cloud Maker. We receive Other Information when submitted to our Websites or if you participate in a focus group, contest, activity or event, apply for a job, request support, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with Cloud Maker.
Generally, no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any Customer Data or Other Information (collectively, "Information"). However, certain Information is collected automatically and, if some Information, such as Organisation Workspace setup details, is not provided, we may be unable to provide the Services.
How We Use Information
Customer Data will be used by Cloud Maker in accordance with Customer's instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer's use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable law. Cloud Maker is a processor of Customer Data and Customer is the controller. Customer may, for example, use the Services to grant and remove access to a Organisation Workspace, assign roles and configure settings, access, modify, export, share and remove Customer Data and otherwise apply its policies to the Services. Please see out Data Processing Addendum for further information on how we process Customer Data.
Cloud Maker uses Other Information in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our Services, Websites and business. More specifically, Cloud Maker uses Other Information:
- To provide, update, maintain and protect our Services, Websites and business. This includes use of Other Information to support delivery of the Services under a Customer Agreement, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyse and monitor usage, trends and other activities or at an Authorised User's request.
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions. If you contact us, we may use your Other Information to respond.
- To develop and provide search, learning and productivity tools and additional features. Cloud Maker tries to make the Services as useful as possible for specific Organisation Workspaces and Authorised Users. For example, we may improve search functionality by using Other Information to help determine and rank the relevance of certain cloud components, design styles or expertise to an Authorised User, make Services suggestions based on historical use and predictive models, identify organisational trends and insights, to customise a Services experience or create new productivity features and products.
- To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Services offerings, and important Services-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These communications are considered part of the Services and you may not opt out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other news about Cloud Maker. These are marketing messages so you can control whether you receive them.
- For billing, account management and other administrative matters. Cloud Maker may need to contact you for invoicing, account management and similar reasons and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
How We Share And Disclose Information
This section describes how Cloud Maker may share and disclose Information. Customers determine their own policies and practices for the sharing and disclosure of Information, and Cloud Maker does not control how they or any other third parties choose to share or disclose Information.
- Customer's Instructions. Cloud Maker will solely share and disclose Customer Data in accordance with a Customer's instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer's use of Services functionality, and in compliance with applicable law and legal process.
- Displaying the Services. When an Authorised User submits Other Information, it may be displayed to other Authorised Users in the same or connected Organisation Workspaces. For example, an Authorised User's email address may be displayed with their Organisation Workspace profile.
- Collaborating with Others. The Services provide different ways for Authorised Users working in independent Organisation Workspaces to collaborate, such as shared blueprint libraries. Other Information, such as an Authorised User's profile Information, may be shared, subject to the policies and practices of the other Organisation Workspace(s).
- Customer Access. Authorised Users and other Customer representatives and personnel may be able to access, modify or restrict access to Other Information. This may include, for example, your employer using Service features to export logs of Organisation Workspace activity, or accessing or modifying your profile details.
- Third Party Service Providers and Partners. We may engage third party companies or individuals as service providers or business partners to process Other Information and support our business. These third parties may, for example, provide virtual computing and storage services. Additional information about the subprocessors we use to support delivery of our Services is set forth in the Cloud Maker Data Processor Addendum.
- Third Party Services. Customer may enable or permit Authorised Users to enable Third Party Services. When enabled, Cloud Maker may share Other Information with Third Party Services. Third Party Services are not owned or controlled by Cloud Maker and third parties that have been granted access to Other Information may have their own policies and practices for its collection and use. Please check the privacy settings and notices in these Third Party Services or contact the provider for any questions.
- Corporate Affiliates. Cloud Maker may share Other Information with its corporate affiliates, parents and/or subsidiaries.
- During a Change to Cloud Maker's Business. If Cloud Maker engages in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of Cloud Maker's assets or stock, financing, public offering of securities, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence), some or all Other Information may be shared or transferred, subject to standard confidentiality arrangements.
- Aggregated or De-identified Data. We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified Other Information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified Other Information with prospects or partners for business or research purposes, such as telling a prospective Cloud Maker customer the average amount of time spent within a typical Organisation Workspace.
- To Comply with Laws. If we receive a request for information, we may disclose Other Information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process. Please see the Data Request Policy to understand how Cloud Maker responds to requests to disclose data from government agencies and other sources.
- To enforce our rights, prevent fraud, and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Cloud Maker or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- With Consent. Cloud Maker may share Other Information with third parties when we have consent to do so.
Cloud Maker takes security of data very seriously. Cloud Maker works hard to protect Other Information you provide from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the Other Information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology. Given the nature of communications and information processing technology, Cloud Maker cannot guarantee that Information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, Cloud Maker does not allow use of our Services and Websites by anyone younger than 16 years old. If you learn that anyone younger than 16 has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information.
Data Protection Officer
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Identifying The Data Controller And Processor
Data protection law in certain jurisdictions differentiates between the "controller" and "processor" of information. In general, Customer is the controller of Customer Data. In general, Cloud Maker is the processor of Customer Data and the controller of Other Information. Different Cloud Maker entities provide the Services in different parts of the world. Certain Six Limited, a British company based in Oxford, United Kingdom, is the controller of Other Information and a processor of Customer Data relating to Authorised Users who use Organisation Workspaces established for Customers outside of the U.S. and Canada.
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information. You can usually do this using the settings and tools provided in your Services account. If you cannot use the settings and tools, contact Customer for additional access and assistance.
To the extent that Cloud Maker's processing of your Personal Data is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation, Cloud Maker relies on its legitimate interests, described above, to process your data. Cloud Maker may also process Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes and you have a right to object to Cloud Maker's use of your Personal Data for this purpose at any time.
Data Protection Authority
Subject to applicable law, you also have the right to (i) restrict Cloud Maker's use of Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data and (ii) lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority or the UK Information Commissioner's Office, which is Cloud Maker's lead supervisory authority in the European Union. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area and believe we maintain your Personal Data within the scope of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may direct questions or complaints to our lead supervisory authority:
Information Commisioner's Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Phone +44 (0)303 123 1113
Contacting Cloud Maker
1 Robert Robinson Avenue
The Magdalen Centre
Oxford Science Park